Monday, July 13

Late Night Crafting Adventures!

Have you ever had a crafting idea late at night, and just couldn't sleep until you'd tried it? That exact thing happened to me the other night. I had just come across a box of picture frames while unpacking the garage--nothing too exciting, but it stuck in my mind nonetheless. And then just as I was getting ready for bed I was struck with an amazing craft idea--turn them into customized dry erase boards! My mind started racing with the different possible backgrounds... They couldn't be too dark, or the dry erase markers wouldn't show up. But I didn't want just solid backgrounds either. Hmmmmm. And that's when it hit me: fabric!!! At this point I just had to give up any hope of falling asleep and rushed to my craft room.

I found these leftover fabrics from a quilted pincushion that I made for a Secret Easter Bunny gift exchange. I liked how they coordinated together, and they would be the perfect background for my dry erase boards! The Adventure was underway!

I then took three of these picture frames and wrapped the backs in the fabric above. It was THAT easy!

Then I nailed some picture hooks on the wall, and I was done!


The glass of the picture frames works really well as an erasable surface for dry erase markers. I love having them in my craft room where I can quickly jot down crafting ideas, shopping lists, or amazing raps that my friends come up with!

No comments:

Post a Comment