Monday, July 6

4th of July Adventures!

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July weekend--I know I did! B and I went up to Gig Harbor with a bunch of friends for the weekend. The weather was beautiful, the food was delicious, the fireworks were slightly terrifying, and the friends were amazing as always. Just an amazing weekend overall! Before we left on our 4th of July adventure, I did hem up the skirt I made from a men's dress shirt:

Before I had just used the shirt's original hem, but it was very obvious that it was from a shirt.

So I decided to hem up the bottom of the skirt so that it was even all around. Since the sides of a men's dress shirt are hemmed higher than the front and back I had to hem it up quite a few inches. I was afraid that would make the skirt too short, but I actually like the length!

This was such an easy project, I will definitely have to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment