Friday, July 3

Adventures in Shirt Refashioning!

I was recently looking at Urban Outfitters online and came across this skirt:


My mind immediately went to a pile of men's shirts in my craft room. When we moved I had my husband toss out all the shirts that he doesn't wear anymore, and of course I couldn't just get rid of them. I am a terrible hoarder--everything has crafting potential in my eyes! So today I decided to try to turn a men's shirt into a skirt. I'm not quite sold on the finished product, I don't know if this is something that I would wear out in public:


What do you think? Is it too obviously the bottom half of a men's shirt? I might try sewing a straight hem on the bottom instead of using the existing hem. Any feedback would be most helpful!

2 comments:

  1. Looks cute! If you hadn't said it was a men's shirt, I wouldn't have guessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GENIOUS! I absolutely love what you've done with the men's shirt. Nice job on the men's shirt.

    ReplyDelete