Monday, June 22

Help! I'm addicted to sewing skirts!

It's true. My name is Mariko, and I am a skirt sewing addict. Right now as I am typing this entry there is someone here to install cable in our new house. So I figure, what better way to get my mind off the fact that this man is about to punch holes through the walls of my pretty little house than sew some skirts! I have just made three different skirts, and I am in looove with them all! The third I will keep shrouded in secrecy because I made it as a birthday present for a friend. Until they receive it I won't post about it here. But the other two were made just for me!

I absolutely adore the fabric for this skirt! Isn't it the cutest? It reminds me of some of the cute Orla Kiely items that were in Target this Spring. I cannot wait to wear it out in public!

And I made this skirt out of a jersey knit fabric that is the softest thing imaginable. It is so comfy, I never want to take it off!

I am really enjoying sewing these skirts! And my husband is quite impressed with me as well, which is always nice :)

On another topic, I have to share this website that I am newly obsessed with-- The Uniform Project. It follows one woman as she wears the same dress every day for a year as an exercise in sustainable fashion. She wears it a little differently every day, and it is absolutely fantastic. So beautiful and creative! And if you want to donate money, all the proceeds go towards the Akanksha Foundation, a grassroots organization that helps provide uniforms and school funding for children in the slums of India. Check it out!

Aha, I hear the sounds of television! This must mean we are hooked up and ready to go! I believe I have some So You Think You Can Dance episodes to catch up on...

No comments:

Post a Comment