Friday, June 26

Adventures in Hairpiece Making!

Yesterday evening one of my best friends came over to pick some cherries from our trees and to do a little crafting with me! The cherries are still going strong, as you can see below, and made for a delicious orange cherry chicken dinner! (Special thanks to my amazing hubby for cooking us dinner and doing the dishes!)


After dinner we dove right into making some cute vintage style hairpieces. We had been talking about doing this for weeks, so it was so much fun to bust out the glue guns and actually make something! These are two pieces that Lindsey made, and I absolutely adore:
She has such an eye for combining different fabrics, flowers, textures, etc. to make amazing creations. So beautiful!

I made two pieces as well, but only took pics of one. The first was a super simple little red white and blue hairclip that I plan to wear for the 4th of July. The other was this simple headband:



I think I will wear it to an upcoming wedding! Lindsey suggested that I extend the black netting a little more to add some drama. I will definitely have to try that!

No comments:

Post a Comment