Thursday, June 25

Adventures in Pocketland!

Remember that first skirt I made? The extremely gathered one with the jersey knit waistband? Well, I ended up taking it completely apart and starting over again. There were several things that I did not like about the skirt. Since I chose a very lightweight fabric I had to use two layers of it, and that created a huge bulge of gathered fabric at the base of the jersey waistband. And that bulge was not attractive. I'm sure that if there wasn't so much fabric at the waistband then it would have worked much better. And the skirt was so extremely gathered that it was a little too poofy. Normally I'm all about poofy, but this was just a bit too much.


I still absolutely adore the fabric, so I decided to start completely over! I made a skirt in the same style as my other ones, but this time I decided to try adding pockets! I absolutely adore skirts with pockets, and wanted to try it for myself. I found this tutorial from The Owls Are Not What They Seem to be extremely helpful. And here is the finished product!


I absolutely love it!!! So excited to wear this out in public, the pockets turned out beautifully, and I cannot wait to add them to all of my skirts!

1 comment:

  1. your skirt is great!!! i've been working on one very similar to that. and i'm glad you found the tutorial useful :)

    ReplyDelete