Saturday, August 1

The Skirt Adventures Continue!

Yesterday I created a new version of the simple elastic waist skirt I love so much. Let's call it Skirt version 2.0 shall we? This new version was inspired by this skirt from Anthropologie:
The one thing I didn't like about my skirts before version 2.0 was that the elastic waist wasn't the prettiest thing to look at. That's why I liked this skirt from Anthropologie so much! With the cute sash you can tuck in a tank top it looks great. So I decided to make one myself, using one of my husband's old dress shirts. Unfortunately the dress shirt didn't have enough fabric to make both the skirt and the sash, so I decided to alternate panels of the shirt fabric and some extra scrap fabric that I had laying around. I was pretty pleased with the end result:
I apologize for the poor picture. I forgot to take a picture of the skirt before we went out with friends last night, and this was the only pic from that night which showed the entire skirt. But here it is! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment