Monday, August 3

Adventures in Pant Alterations!

Today through Wednesday I am attending an education conference with several people from my school district, including my Principal and Superintendent. I have never attended this conference before, so I wasn't quite sure what the dress protocol was. It's still summer so I didn't want to show up in slacks, but I also didn't want to dress too casual. And it's still fairly warm out so I wanted to be comfortable, but I also didn't want to wear shorts in front of my bosses! I ransacked my closet to try and find something appropriate, but was left empty handed. It was then that I remembered a pair of pants that I had stashed away because they were given to me by a relative and were far too long on me. I raced to my craft room and found them in the closet, patiently waiting to be hemmed to a proper length. Here you can see just how long they are on me:

I then proceeded to hem these pants--but as capris!
It took less than 5 minutes and I ended up with the perfect pair of pants to wear to my conference! Summery, yet not too casual. They worked out great! Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to wear for the other two days...

No comments:

Post a Comment