Tuesday, December 29

Christmas Present Adventures, Part 4

Here is my second post on my handmade Christmas presents! Yesterday I posted about the paper crafts that I made, and today I am going to share the food items that I made!

First, the actual edible food items. I made goody bags filled with candied cranberries and peppermint bark. I got the recipe for the candied cranberries from the website Elizabeth's Edible Experience. They turned out great! Delicious, easy to make, and very pretty. My husband loooved them! I got the peppermint bark recipe from one of my friends, on her blog Domestic Goddess Adventures! Her blog is incredible, if you haven't already, go check it out! I made both milk chocolate and dark chocolate peppermint bark, and it was sooo delicious. And again, easy to make and very pretty!

The next item was a food related item, but not exactly edible. I made personalized wine charms out of recycled bottle caps.
(The ones pictured were for an Aunt who is a rockhound). I was very happy with how they turned out, and again they are made of all UPcycled materials!


I thought that I would also share how I decided to package my collection of presents. I really wanted to get away from wrapping paper, or gift bags, and use something either recycled or reusable. I chose to use these super cute woven baskets!
Here you can see the outside of the present, with my recycled gift tags.
And here is what the inside looked like. I just kind of nestled everything in, and it turned out great! I was happy to be able to use a reusable product for my wrapping!

Well, that ends my Christmas present crafting. Tomorrow I want to share some of the awesome crafty presents that I myself received! I am super excited about them all!

And I have also been working on our Dinosaur Prom themed New Year's Eve party. I am in charge of the picture area, so I've been working on that. And I've been working on my Dinosaur Prom dress! I'll post lots of pics from the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment