Wednesday, December 16

Adventures in 1920s Costume Making!

This past weekend I attended a 1920s themed Murder Mystery party! This was something that my group of friends has wanted to do for a long time, and it was SO much fun! My character was "Madame MeMe", and I owned several nightclubs with my husband. My character information instructed me to dress 'flashy yet classy', so I did my best to sew a costume that fit that description. I was on a very limited time schedule, so I wasn't able to do quite as much as I would like. But I was still pleased with how it turned out!


The skirt is made of a super soft, furry fabric that looked really neat next to the shimmery red fabric. I used the leftover furry fabric as a stole, which added to the 'classy' aspect. The drop-waist dress was really easy to make--I basically used a t-shirt of mine as a pattern!


It was a really fun and quick costume, and a fantastic party! My next sewing project is going to be a little bit more intricate, so wish me luck! It's for a New Year's Eve party, so I'll be blogging about it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment