Wednesday, December 23

Christmas Present Adventures, Part 1

I have been busy busy busy lately putting together my Christmas presents for everyone. But I am so excited about some of these presents that I couldn't wait until after Christmas to blog about them! So here is a little preview of a few things that I have been working on:

These are the gift tags that I made for the presents. I had a beautiful 2009 Calendar that I wanted to use somehow, and then I thought I would cut out cute little bird shapes from the pages! I'm going to write on the wings to mark who the presents are for.

Now, the first actual present that I'm going to share with you is something that I made for the sons of my two cousins. Each are about 4 years old.

I got the idea for this present from the awesome blog Collecting the Moments...One by One that I subscribe to. I thought it would be great for Noah and Lucas!
One thing that I did add to the project was crafting a box for the boys to store their chalk! I found these wooden hinged boxes at Michaels and painted them. I also found the wood letters at Michaels, and thought it would be a cute way to personalize them!
When you open the chalk box, you can see the little eraser that I made for each of the boys. I simply folded over some felt scraps that I had and sewed some lines to create texture for easier erasing. It works great! I glued a little piece of velcro in the lid so that the eraser would stay in place. I love it!


That's all for now, I don't want to ruin any surprises for people who read this blog! But here's a little taste of what's to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment